Columbia P&S 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
when do your orientation & classes start?

Late August. Orientation is starting on the 17th of August I believe. I think the reason why a lot of that isn't being discussed here is because our facebook group and a recently created email chain is where all of the talk is.

would any of you columbians rather go to duke? want to attempt a last minute switcheroo? (if this is even possible???)

So I called the P&S office today to check on the orientation date and they weren't sure and directed me to facebook. Unfortunately I'm no longer on facebook and was hoping someone could clue me in to when we have to be up there.

Also, I've pretty much been focusing on figuring out how to pay for school. Aside from the other admin stuff (physical, shots, etc...) what are you guys doing to prepare for the start of fall semester?

Thanks in advance.

So I called the P&S office today to check on the orientation date and they weren't sure and directed me to facebook. Unfortunately I'm no longer on facebook and was hoping someone could clue me in to when we have to be up there.

Also, I've pretty much been focusing on figuring out how to pay for school. Aside from the other admin stuff (physical, shots, etc...) what are you guys doing to prepare for the start of fall semester?

Thanks in advance.
Really...Is your contact info up to date? I received emails about orientation etc a while ago. Anyway, orientation and moving begin August 17th and you need to register for orientation ASAP. You will find everything you need to know here. http://psclub.columbia.edu/ps2013/

Thanks, i found the email but it was mixed in with countless emails about tours and elevator fires

Hi, does anyone know whether one is able to work (part-time, of course... a few hours a week, like 3-5 hrs/wk, entering data) while in med school, without sacrificing study-time, club meetings, etc?

I am starting P&S this August, and am wondering whether working part-time while in school is feasible. I was a biology major in college, though I am not sure how much that helps me in med school.

Any advice from current students would be very, very, very much appreciated, and I would be very grateful.

Advice from anyone else who knows about this (ie: entering classmates who have heard/asked about this subject) would be also much appreciated as well...
thanks.

hope to see you all in a few weeks.

I know some students that do. It is only something you should do if its something you enjoy. For example, I know one girl who teaches for Kaplan still, but only because she loves teaching.

Also, you might want to take money into consideration. 8 bucks an hour might not really be worth your free/study time.