ivy91

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2005
New York
Status (Visible)
Hey all,

Columbia will be sending out decisions on March 2nd. Revisit is schduled for April 12th & April 13th. Knowing my class, I think it'll be a *very* fun time. :p

Good luck to all who are anxiously waiting! :luck:
ivy

lilold3chordme

Line Cook
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
thanks for the info, ivy. do you, or anyone else, know if they will also be emailing applicants (so that we find out before the following week)?

thanks...

About the Ads

ivy91

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2005
New York
Status (Visible)
They are mailing out letters. As far as I know, no emails. Waiting, waiting and more waiting. I feel you!

Garrison1

10+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Man, I can't wait for this one. Revisit weekend in NYC would be awesome.

ivy91

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2005
New York
Status (Visible)
Friday (16th) and next Thursday (22nd) are the last two days of interviews.

Angelique

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 29, 2003
Baltimore
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
wow, march in two weeks? march seemed so long ago when I was filling out my P&S secondary...

Hednej

***** Level 60
10+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Just to get you guys' opinions, how screwed am I?

I heed the advice of my peers and after the interview wrote Frantz a hearty "I will come to Columbia even if hell freezes over" letter. I really don't blame myself though because this was my first interview and the first med school I'd ever seen. It was a stupid move though. So if I get accepted now, does it mean that I have to go? (not that I don't want to go, I just want to see if I HAVE TO GO)

About the Ads

stoppushingit

stupid savant
10+ Year Member
Sep 16, 2006
Status (Visible)

I heed the advice of my peers and after the interview wrote Frantz a hearty "I will come to Columbia even if hell freezes over" letter. I really don't blame myself though because this was my first interview and the first med school I'd ever seen. It was a stupid move though. So if I get accepted now, does it mean that I have to go? (not that I don't want to go, I just want to see if I HAVE TO GO)

do us a favor and write back that you kindasortanotreally want to go :cool:

Saabdriver

10+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2006
Status (Visible)
You're not OBLIGATED to do anything, I think that Dean Frantz and your future classmates would prefer not having someone who doesn't want to be at Columbia. But it was a bit disingenuous sending that letter so early in the process that you hadn't evaluated any other options. The intention letter should really only be utilized very late in the process.

pyrois

10+ Year Member
Nov 22, 2006
Berkeley, CA
Status (Visible)

No you don't need to go. Nothing you send to anyone prior to May 15th is legally binding.

Strangely enough, if you read the legal-speak thoroughly, this actually includes early decision programs:p

Severus

FTSM!
10+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2004
teh OR
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I don't know, Hednej. Part of me wants to say that since you wrote it so early (September/October ish) they'd probably consider the fact that you didn't complete your application cycle and didn't explore your options. Remember, they want students who really want to go there.

Then again, it is a letter of intent and if they want to make an example out of you, I suppose they could do it although I've never heard of that being the case. I do know of someone who wrote a letter of intent but backed out of it later and nothing was really done to him. Sketchy? Probably. But he's probably better of this way.

What I find somewhat interesting though -- and I'm not saying this will happen to you -- is whether or not the LOI is still "binding" if they decide to waitlist you? Do they waitlist people who write pre-decision letters of intent? I'd assume so, but ya' never know. :luck:

Towelie

Resident Towel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2006
Status (Visible)
There's no way that an LOI is legally binding. Go wherever you want.

Severus

FTSM!
10+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2004
teh OR
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
There's no way that an LOI is legally binding. Go wherever you want.

*hypnotizes towelie*

You dooooooooon't waaaaaant to goooo to Cooooluuuumbia... Coooluuuumbia is the deviiiiiiiiiiiilllllllll.... boooooooooo... yaaaaaaaaaaaaa... BAAAAAAAAAD

However, you do want to cluck like a chicken everytime I post something.

*snaps fingers to bring towelie back*

;) :cool:

MissyMD

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Is anyone else anxious about decisions being mailed this week? I interviewed back in September, and it has been my top choice throughout this process. I can hardly wait any longer!!!

Good luck to all!!!

SweetPeaDaddy

Pre-Med Type Guy
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2006
Status (Visible)
I think I may have developed an irregular heartbeat due to the anxiety! :oops:

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.