Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Columbia P&S Essay Restrictions?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by grunermann, Aug 11, 2001.

1. grunermann

grunermann Senior Member

Ok, I was wondering how you guys handled the essays for the online app. I tend to go overboard and hate restrictions and feel like they allow no room for the essays, esp. the activities essay. Is it ok to go a few lines over?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. doctorperez

doctorperez Jesus was a dissident

Resident [Any Field]
    grunerman are you talking about the satisfactions essay??

4. grunermann

grunermann Senior Member

I was talking about the 11 line extracurricular essay (how can that possibly be an essay) but both seem short to me since you can't edit the font size.

5. SMW

SMW Grand Member

You can attach as much additional information on the last page as you want -- no restrictions at all. What I did was use my vision statement for the "satisfactions" question, list my activities in the allowed space, and then attached my personal statement at the end along with whatever else I thought was important but couldn't get into the tiny activities space.

6. doctorperez

doctorperez Jesus was a dissident

Resident [Any Field]
    hi grunerman-

I did not answer that one in essay form , I listed them only. Hope that helps!.

Dr.Perez