1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Columbia, Penn or U. Chicago?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Blue Jay, Apr 10, 2000.

1. Blue Jay

Blue Jay New Member

I am trying to decide which school to go to. Here are my thoughts:

Right now, I would say 1)Penn, 2)Columbia and 3)Chicago

Reasons:
    Penn. I like the curriculum at Penn the best -- 1.5 years of basic science, less lectures, honors not based on curve. Location -- in a decent city and on undergrad campus. Cost of living low. Excellent reputation. Worried about cost and the fact that Columbia may better for orthopedic surgery, which I want to go into. I think I fit in better with the students at columbia, but I like the curriculum less than at Penn and the area where I would be living would be MUCH more expensive and more unsafe.

I held on to my Chicago acceptance because I really liked the students there and they all seemed very happy. However, I don't think Chicago has the same reputation as Penn and Columbia.

I should get financial aid letters in about three weeks. I am not sure what to do -- if any of you know a lot about these schools, please advise.

Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. japhy

japhy Ski Bum
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    chicago doesn't have a good reputation??? are you kidding? chicago may be ranked lower, still top twenty, but what does that mean? personally, my two dream schools are penn and chicago. i lean towrd chicago because they put a high emphasis on learning, just for the sake of learning. they have an excellent faculty and great resources. tough choice though. hope that i have those options next year. good luck.