1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Columbia people please advise...

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Doggie, May 19, 2001.

1. Doggie

Doggie Professional Jackass
    10+ Year Member

I just received the housing apps from school. I am debating on which housing to choose....maybe some of you guys can shed some light.

Bard: It sounds pretty good.....get your own room and not worry about the mess that other people cause. It also has a gym that I really like. I've heard that it's pretty run down tho...

Towers: Sounds decent....share a suite with other science students. One thing that I am not certain is that i noticed that the suites have their own kitchens. Does it mean that there will be no centralized cafeteria in building?

Georgian: I heard this is the crappiest of the crap. Dunno anything else about this place.

Thanks in advance for your help! :D

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. animal666

animal666 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

doggie

the worst residence is bard hall. it is communal showers and bathrooms. the conditions are very bad. there is 1 kitchen for the whole residence. the washrooms are pretty dirty.

the towers are good. it is very clean. the only problem is that you have to find a cool rommate. you get a kitchen which you have to share etc etc. it is just like an apartment.

georgian is okay. it is better than bard. some types of room arrangements are not good (railrood type room). you have a kitchen in most setups.

the cafeteria facilities are very bad. so you are stuck with eating pizza, wendys. mickie dees, chinese food or cooking yourself.

i know a few places opening up, email me at [email protected] if you are interested.

4. badaboom

badaboom 未来の歯科医
    7+ Year Member

hey ya, I'm back from my trip to California.
    That's actually the first mail I opened after I got home. I filled it out as quickly as I could then I ran to the post office to drop it off. :p
    these are the orders for my URH, from #1 to #5

Georgian 2
    Georgian 3
    Georgian 4
    Georgian studio
    Bard(yes I heard it sux too) :p

and UAH looks pretty much the same don't they? #1-#3 in the order they're listed. :p

I want to have a kitchen, I wanna cook ramen! :p

5. Doggie

Doggie Professional Jackass
    10+ Year Member

Hey Badaboom....

Have you received your financial aide packet yet? I am rather confused as to which lender to pick. I also tried calling the financial director, but she was too busy or some crap! :mad:

Anyways, if you have any insights, please drop a note....thanks! :D

6. badaboom

badaboom 未来の歯科医
    7+ Year Member

Hey Doggie...

yup I received the financial aid packet too.
    Well actually I'm totally new to these financial aid stuff. I never borrowed or work-studied while I'm an undergrad.
    I guess the first thing I have to do for now is picking a lender for the stafford loan.
    The preferred lender list looks pretty much the same, except for the origination fee or whatever it's called...
    I guess I can also call up my own bank and ask what their program is like...

yeah, all these financial aid stuff seems pretty confusing to me :confused:, but I'm going to take care of them next week... hopefully!

I'll probably have to call up the financial aid office and ask them questions too.