Columbia Photo Problem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kypdurron5

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I sent in my secondary about a week ago to Columbia. Today I just got an email that says my application is incomplete pending my sending them a photo. The thing is...I attached a photo exactly like the instructions said!! I know exactly which photo I used, and how I attached it. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm not sure if I should try and contact them or just send another one anyway. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Did you send in a copy of the secondary with the photo? I thought you just had to send a photo attached to that simple photo form from the website. If I were you, just call them and inquire if they found it. If you sent it certified or priority mail, check to see if it was delivered. If not, just send another one.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you send in a copy of the secondary with the photo? I thought you just had to send a photo attached to that simple photo form from the website. If I were you, just call them and inquire if they found it. If you sent it certified or priority mail, check to see if it was delivered. If not, just send another one.

Yeah...it's the photo form that I sent. It's not like I could have forgotten it...it was the whole purpose of printing the form and printing the envelope >). Maybe they just got around to seeing my online secondary but didn't actually get or process my photo page yet? That's the only thing I can think of....

Yea, I had the same issue, I sent the photo in their designated form and they sent me an email (3 weeks later) saying that they do not have it and thus my file is incomplete. So, I sent them the photo again with my AMCAS ID and NAME at the back of it (without attaching it in the form again). I got an email couple of weeks later saying my file was complete.

Yea, I had the same issue, I sent the photo in their designated form and they sent me an email (3 weeks later) saying that they do not have it and thus my file is incomplete. So, I sent them the photo again with my AMCAS ID and NAME at the back of it (without attaching it in the form again). I got an email couple of weeks later saying my file was complete.

::grumble::
I guess that's what I'll have to do...argh!

well - stuff gets misplaced. that's why everyone has to obsessively check their status until they are complete. just because you think you submitted it, doesn't mean it made it to your file.

Many of the messages from schools are automated. A week may not be long enough for them to update the status on what documents have come in.
Before resending, I'd call them to confirm that it is indeed missing.

well - stuff gets misplaced. that's why everyone has to obsessively check their status until they are complete. just because you think you submitted it, doesn't mean it made it to your file.
I haven't checked my status at all....it's just that out of the blue I get an email specifically requesting a photo, yet that is exactly what I already sent a little more than a week ago. My first thought was maybe there was something wrong with it...did it come off the page, did it get wet, etc.? I think I'll probably give a few days and then just resend the picture if needed. It can't hurt to get my face in their face a little more... >)