1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Columbia Review Intensive Verbal Practice Tests

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Asumi, Apr 23, 2001.

1. Asumi

Asumi Member
    7+ Year Member

Would anyone out there happen to have used or heard of the quality of the Columbia Review Home Study Materials (especially Book #6 which has all the verbal practice exams) for MCAT Preparation. Please reply if you can. I need to get started for the August Exam.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Mossjoh

Mossjoh Mayo Clinic-PGY2
    10+ Year Member

Verbal? verbal? oh, just the word verbal brings back horrible memories from Saturday. Oh, I need a paper bag!

4. rxfudd

rxfudd 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I wouldn't use Columbia Review for verbal section practice - awful awful materials. I recall 10-15 questions that could justifiably contain 2 correct answers (one of which was nearly an opinion question!).

5. nothing can save you from the verbal section! run for your life!

6. rxfudd

rxfudd 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Yeah, that's probably the best idea - when the proctor hands out the verbal answer sheets and booklets, kindly deny them and tell him that you'll be beginning with the PS section. Verbal is bad for the soul.

[This message has been edited by rxfudd (edited April 24, 2001).]