Columbia Review Test Scores vs. Other Test Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gauss44

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How did you score on Columbia Review practice tests compared to other practice tests?

Me: 8 on Columbia Review VR test 1. 8 on the real thing in 2012. But I thought I improved since then. (And have been spending over 15 hours a week just on VR.) It was going okay until I bombed 3 passages (...out of 9. The other 6 passages went fine. Maybe they were easier.).

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
How did you score on Columbia Review practice tests compared to other practice tests?

Me: 8 on Columbia Review VR test 1. 8 on the real thing in 2012. But I thought I improved since then. (And have been spending over 15 hours a week just on VR.) It was going okay until I bombed 3 passages (...out of 9. The other 6 passages went fine. Maybe they were easier.).

I think you might have trouble finding someone who used that. I somehow thought they stopped selling material.

They sell it on Amazon.com...

That explains a lot. It seems that Amazon sellers are secondhand (or later) vendors who have no idea what they are selling. I have seen 1995 BR books like GC 1 being listed at $99 a book, which is about $97 more than I think they'll get given how many more current versions exist in bulk. If you are shopping for materials, SDN classifieds in the only way to go, because it generally has current material, and in the case of BR a few years can make a big difference with some of the topics.