Columbia Revisit Days

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IntlMD07

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

just wondering what was the overall impression of the Columbia revisit days. Are you guys more committed to attending or not? How is the class of 2007?

-IntlMD07

Members don't see this ad.

I would also like to know how the revisit days were, what your impression of the incoming class was, etc. I am stuck at school taking final exams and I could not attend the revisit. Thanks.

-Bones

I just got back from the revisit weekend at Columbia. The weekend was well organized. There were about 90 prospective students and they seemed like a great and diverse group. The two days were fun, informative, and intoxicating. Both the students and the staff were friendly and helpful. I was definetely going to Columbia before, and the revisit weekend only reaffirmed my decision.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else wants to share the experience?

Impression of the Revisit:

T-shirt: Sucked (D+) - "P&S Admissions Revisit 2003" - Wearing that T-shirt in public is a sure fire way to get the **** kicked out of you.

Pen: Above average (B-) - Slightly more creative than other schools, had 2 colors.

Book: Above average (B) - Reasonable introduction to The City for the uninitiated.

Program guide: Excellent (A-) - Utalitarian and to the point.

Conclusion - with grades like this, Columbia would get rejected by Columbia.

Hope that Helps.

P 'I Blame my Environment' ShankOut

Originally posted by indianboy
Impression of the Revisit:

Conclusion - with grades like this, Columbia would get rejected by Columbia.

Hope that Helps.

P 'I Blame my Environment' ShankOut

LMAO

I am in the waitlist catergory - so low that I don't hink I even have a chance if half the class dies of a sudden bout of malaria. So I like this comment.

I can't really remark much on the revisit as it's the only one I've been to. But I am going to P&S.

HOWEVER.....

During dinner there was an army recruiter sitting at my table, which I found very strange. It is my understanding that he came as a friend of a first year who was having dinner with us but I found it very inappropriate. The last thing I wanted to hear when I sat down for dinner was "Have you thought about how you're going to pay for medical school?"

Not that I'm against others joining the military I'm just against me joining the military.

Also he wouldn't take "I'm not joining the military" for an answer.

I thought I had my mind made up about another school but now after visiting and meeting the prospectives, seeing such happy students, and in general meeting such impressive people all over the school I am seriously thinking about attending over my quasi-state school. Any other thoughts?

My thoughts would be way too biased to share...