Columbia Revisit Weekend

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JulianCrane

The Power of Intention
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received info on when this weekend will be?

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by JulianCrane
Has anyone received info on when this weekend will be?

I called their office. It's actually not on a weekend... it's Thurs, 4/15 and Fri, 4/16.

I know the MSTP revisit in April 23rd. It's unfortunate that the MD and MST admits won't get to meet each other

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by rayraad
I know the MSTP revisit in April 23rd. It's unfortunate that the MD and MST admits won't get to meet each other

I actually have been notified about both revisits: the MSTP by email and the MD by mail. I received the MD revisit invite just yesterday so maybe it'll reach you soon. :)

Originally posted by SarahGM
I called their office. It's actually not on a weekend... it's Thurs, 4/15 and Fri, 4/16.

Yeah, that's kind of disappointing. I live in NYC so I don't have to worry about travel, but after taking off so much time during the interview season it's going to be tough to get two more days off from work.

Anyway, they actually sent out two letters, one about the revisit and one about a parent's weekend on 4/17. I got them both yesterday so non-NYCer's should be getting them today or tomorrow.

So...for the MSTP people...do they expect us to go to both? They're a week apart.

they don't expect you to goto both [just the mstp revisit] - but they will pay for you to do so if you are traveling. i went to both before deciding to withdraw.

Originally posted by Habari
they don't expect you to goto both [just the mstp revisit] - but they will pay for you to do so if you are traveling. i went to both before deciding to withdraw.

Hey Habari, care to tell me why you didn't choose Columbia? I never got any message back from you after your first PM. ;)

Originally posted by CalBeE
Hey Habari, care to tell me why you didn't choose Columbia? I never got any message back from you after your first PM. ;)

I'd also like to know where you decided to go and why.

Are u guys going for one day or for both days?

hello guys/gals

who is going? it would be great to know who will be there and finally meet some of you :)

I will be there both days.

bonnie

Does Columbia pay for us to fly back or do we have to pay?

'd also like to know where you decided to go and why.

i'll pm both of you shortly [i probably won't forget but remind me if i don't by tomorrow night]. i chose cornell/rockefeller md/phd in the end over columbia/yale/penn/ucsf/ucla[caltech]/hopkinsmd-only/vanderbilt/mich/baylor/washU. if you have questions about any of those possibly decisions, you can pm me.

Does Columbia pay for us to fly back or do we have to pay?

they do not pay for md-admits. [they pay for md/phd's i believe - at least they did my year].

Originally posted by Habari
i'll pm both of you shortly [i probably won't forget but remind me if i don't by tomorrow night]. i chose cornell/rockefeller md/phd in the end over columbia/yale/penn/ucsf/ucla[caltech]/hopkinsmd-only/vanderbilt/mich/baylor/washU. if you have questions about any of those possibly decisions, you can pm me.

WOW, you seriously rock :wow: :wow:

Hey guys,
I wasn't sure if I would be able to go to both days of the second look weekend. I tried calling the office to ask what the scheduled is for both days, but I don't think the admission office knew. Do any first years on the site know the schedule and are planning the events? All they told me is that the visit ends at around 5 pm on Friday and a barbeque is scheduled for Thursday night. I'm going to try to go to both days.
Also, are anyone?s parents going to parent's day and if so do you plan on going?

hmm didnt realize the parent thing was sat ... thought it was on one of the revisit days. i think my mom is coming but i will need to come with her since she's not fluent in english.

bonnie

I'll be there for both days... just booked the flight today! :clap:

Originally posted by SarahGM
I'll be there for both days... just booked the flight today! :clap:

awesome!

how will we all recognize each other? Is that your pic in your avatar? I currently have longish black hair with light brown highlights and I have a recent tan :), oh and I'm korean.

bonnie