Columbia, Scholarships?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

avnaks

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone who has been accepted to Columbia been offered or heard of anyone having been offered any scholarships? On what basis was/is this offered and how much was it? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

avnaks said:
Has anyone who has been accepted to Columbia been offered or heard of anyone having been offered any scholarships? On what basis was/is this offered and how much was it? Thank you.

I would like to know this also. Although I am stuck between Columbia and another school in my decision-making process, the price definitely tilts the final say towards UMDNJ. Therefore, if Columbia does in fact offer some kind of scholarship, I would have to reconsider everything.

I interviewed at Penn 11/11 and Columbia 11/18.

I got accepted to both on 12/1 and received a 1/2 tuition from Upenn in the same mailer.

Just this Friday 12/16, I received a 15K scholarship per year (NO GPA requirement) from Columbia.

I almost went to Penn expecting no money from Comlumbia b/c I hadn't heard anything. There date to accept the 1/2 tuition scholarship was 12/21. I literally already sent my deposit to Penn and am trying to put a stop payment on the check RIGHT NOW!

The two end up at about the same price.

What do you guys think of the two?

Members don't see this ad :)
TuftsJZ said:
I interviewed at Penn 11/11 and Columbia 11/18.

I got accepted to both on 12/1 and received a 1/2 tuition from Upenn in the same mailer.

Just this Friday 12/16, I received a 15K scholarship per year (NO GPA requirement) from Columbia.

I almost went to Penn expecting no money from Comlumbia b/c I hadn't heard anything. There date to accept the 1/2 tuition scholarship was 12/21. I literally already sent my deposit to Penn and am trying to put a stop payment on the check RIGHT NOW!

The two end up at about the same price.

What do you guys think of the two?

Did you ask for the scholarship? What are your stats, if you don't mind sharing?

I knew a few ppl in columbia who recieved scholarships/grants. You either need to have stellar grades or you have to be dirt poor.