columbia secondary screened?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

googlinggoogler

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know if Columbia screens before sending out secondaries? I haven't gotten a secondary from Columbia yet and am wondering if I should have or not.

Members don't see this ad.

Columbia actually does not screen. Their secondary was automatically generated and sent and was one of the first ones I received. I would contact them tomorrow.
:thumbup:

Really? Crap, then I would be in the same boat too. I saw on the secondaries question thread that it was by email invite by I haven't gotten one from them either.

Members don't see this ad :)
In most of my secondaries, their wording of the emails can sound like an exclusive invitation, but really they distribute their secondaries to all AMCAS applicants. They always say "Thank you for applying to ____. We have received your application and invite you to fill out our secondary." They make it sound like you've advanced to the next round.

Columbia in particular sends theirs out upon submission of your AMCAS application before it is verified. In fact, my friend and I received it the next morning. I am very sure it is just a mechanical glitch on their end - just give them a ring, and you'll be on your way to writing their numerous essays in no time.:)