Columbia secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Slide

Finally, no more "training"
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ug, so I decided to stop procrastinating and start on the secondaries I had before my app gets verified, and I'm sorta at a writers' block at the columbia prompt. For one of the questions, it asks for what I expect being a physician should satisfy. It's pretty open-ended, and the limit is 2475 characters. However, I'm finding that I need only about half of this if I don't get into really uber-detail (like what led me to expect these things). For these secondaries, is it a good thing to use up a lot of space? Or is less more if you can be concise on the Columbia secondary?

Members don't see this ad.

Slide said:
Ug, so I decided to stop procrastinating and start on the secondaries I had before my app gets verified, and I'm sorta at a writers' block at the columbia prompt. For one of the questions, it asks for what I expect being a physician should satisfy. It's pretty open-ended, and the limit is 2475 characters. However, I'm finding that I need only about half of this if I don't get into really uber-detail (like what led me to expect these things). For these secondaries, is it a good thing to use up a lot of space? Or is less more if you can be concise on the Columbia secondary?
Use at least most of the characters they give you or they'll think that you didn't care enough to write anything longer.

Brainsucker said:
Use at least most of the characters they give you or they'll think that you didn't care enough to write anything longer.

LizzyM replied to a similar post a while back and recommended using at least 60% of the allotted space.