Columbia status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

owen_osh

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to check on my application status at Columbia? I tried calling a few days ago, but they wouldn't tell me. I was given an email address, but the message I sent to it was returned to me as undeliverable. I tried sending a message to the main Columbia admissions email address, but I never heard back.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think there is an online status check, but they sent me an email telling me that my file was complete.

What did they say when you called? You did get an email saying your app was complete, didn't you? I didn't receive mine until Oct. 15 last year, even though I submitted my app to them in early August. I had earlier received an email telling me they were still missing my LOR's and my MCAT (I was an August MCATer). They interview a lot of people, so don't stress. My interview invite was postmarked Nov. 1 last year, and as I recall I was one of the earlier interviews (in early Dec.) -- but I could be wrong about this. They're not rolling, so no real need (other than peace of mind) to get an early interview.
So I guess my suggestion is just sit tight, and you will hear from them. Best of luck with your application.:)

they sent me an e-mail about my file being complete a couple days ago - though all my stuff was in almost 3 weeks ago - dunno if that is an anomoly or they are just backed up. either way, should be hearing something within a month or so.