1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Columbia, Tufts, Buffalo, or UMDNJ???

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by findingnemo, Dec 5, 2005.

1. findingnemo

findingnemo Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

If you had these choices, what would you choose and why?

2. Dr. Parm

Dr. Parm Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Buffalo is a wonderful school if you are in-state at NY. UMDNJ is great at clinical and it is very easy to establish residency once you get in. I myself am deciding b/w columbia and UMDNJ. Lets hope ppl post helpful things so we both can benefit from it.

3. rocco

rocco Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    although i did not apply to columbia, i was accepted to the other 3 and am choosing nj. my top choices all along have been 1)umdnj and 2)stony brook...i was personally not impressed at all by tufts...i liked umdnj's newer facilities, clinical exp you get there, medium class size, the students, low tuition (def a plus)...i got an overall good feeling from nj...i liked buffalo also but i am from downstate ny and prefer the atmosphere here to upstate ny...as far as columbia goes i obv don't know...don't think that helped much...if anyone is choosing umdnj, where in nj are you planning on living bc i am not so sure i want an apartment right in newark itself... :)

4. asd

asd Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    ive only heard good things about buffalo. Right now its my first choice, but im also waiting for columbia and upenn to get back to me. The only reason why i would go to columbia over buffalo is that i plan to work in NYC, and going to columbia would help me make connections in the long run. Other than that Buffalo is great and is prob. where i will go if i dont get into columbia or upenn.

5. JMoney

JMoney Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

6. LadyxJC

LadyxJC Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

7. rocco

rocco Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Jmoney: i got accepted to case also, and i actually liked case a lot...

Yes I think tufts was a nice school with a nice clinic, but I did not like how so many students had to share a chair in the clinic...what gave me the negative impression though was speaking with two 2nd yr students at tufts who didn't seem very aware of the program at their own school (which left a bad taste in my mouth)...but that is just me- if you liked the school go for it bc im sure others have very positive opinions on tufts also...a lot of students are successful there and it holds a high reputation with other dentists that I know... :)