Columbia University Letter of REC ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kobebucsfan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
they require 3 letters from science prof.

but i already uploaded 2 bio profs, 1 non-science and 1 dentist. how can i satisfy the 3rd science letter for Columbia University ?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm thinking of applying to Columbia as well but so far I only have 2 science prof, 1 employer and 1 dentist lined up for my LOR's. Anyone know if not having 3 science professor letters basically mean don't even bother applying?

Why don't you just call their Admissions department, and make sure it's ok to manually forward that third letter yourself?

Members don't see this ad :)
i called them up earlier with a similar problem, however i did not submit my LOR's yet.... unfortunately they do not take letters unless AADSAS sends them....it says that on their website if u look under LOR requirements.. now im trying to get another science letter..... crazy

I was in the same boat, but I emailed them and asked them if my letter for research would count as science, since it is was science based research and they said it was okay. I don't think they are too strict, but to be safe, call and ask.

I'm also applying to Columbia. I was wondering if it was possible to bypass the problem by having 3 science letters and one dentist letter. I don't think I encountered any schools, other than NOVA, that required a specific non-science letter.

If there are a bunch of schools that require a specific non-science letter, then it'll be a lot harder to apply...

I tried calling them today, but nobody answered. I have a similar problem - two science professors, and two dentists. If anybody gets more information, please let me know! :) Thanks.

While I don't remember the exact specifics, I had a committee letter that did not include 3 LOR from science professors. So if anyone is wondering if a committee letter supplements this request, it seems it did. Although, I only made the waiting list so maybe that is a sign. ;)