Columbia vs. Cornell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've heard people say that since NYP is such a rich hospital, your third year will just end up being glorified shadowing. I'm not arguing with you, I'd just like to hear your perspective on this; do you think the experience there would be for the best? My guess is that a good mix of NYP in Manhattan and NYP in Queens would give you all the clinical exposure you'd need, but maybe someone would like to comment on that.

The students commented on this at the interview day. They did complain that the clinical training at the main hospital is a little too hands-off. However, because they have so many affiliate institutions, the students all pointed out that they had no problem getting plenty of hands-on training. And, they have a free car service that drives them to all of the affiliate hospitals! That's awesome.

Members don't see this ad.

The students commented on this at the interview day. They did complain that the clinical training at the main hospital is a little too hands-off. However, because they have so many affiliate institutions, the students all pointed out that they had no problem getting plenty of hands-on training. And, they have a free car service that drives them to all of the affiliate hospitals! That's awesome.

Free car service? Wow. My brother is a 3rd year and he occasionally takes a shuttle to the bronx, etc. but usually just has to take the subway. I dont think he has ever had a car service for a 3rd year rotation...I know of one 1st year who told me she took a car-service for her proctorship thingy....