Columbia vs. Penn (Dean's) vs. State School (Full Ride)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smartguy10

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Columbia is like +400k including interest, Penn is +300k with dean's. State is less than 120k I'm guessing for living expenses.

Whats the state school? Full rides are hard to come by. There was one thread on dental town where an individual got a full ride to a state school but also got into Harvard. Every dentist said go to the state school.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/full-ride-vs-penn.898796/ another thread

Full ride...........is this ecu, ucla or something

Members don't see this ad :)
Why is this even a discussion?

Full-rides are like unicorns. You're smart enough to get into Columbia, UPenn, and a full ride but cant decide?

Reactions: 5 users
Throw some of that free money my way.

There ain't a good reason to turn down a full ride.

smartguy10 with the humblebrag.

Reactions: 1 users
What is the state school? Some of the state school facilities/opportunities aren't as great compared to other schools, so I can see your predicament. Columbia is P/F, ivy etc. I would calculate the totals and see what is the most financially manageable. A full ride is very attractive though! Congrats!

I'll be the devil's advocate here and say that choose none of them, do the paycheck-to-paycheck jobs and you never have to worry about this kind of dilemma. Otherwise, just pick the one you feel most comfortable going to...

damnn, i'm super jealous. Can you please give us the name of the state school? I've never heard of dental school's giving out full rides.

Well, guess I'll be the first to call BS? BS!