Columbia vs Wash U

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hasslefree

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
am accepted at one at other but still would like to get others opinions as to which is would be better

Members don't see this ad.

am accepted at one at other but still would like to get others opinions as to which is would be better

Pick on location, culture, money. They're both great schools/hospitals that will get you towards anywhere you want to go in medicine. If you have a strong NYC preference, I might suggest taking Columbia. The top NYC residency programs tend to feed off each other's medical schools for residents. Otherwise, where do you think you'd be happier?

Pick on location, culture, money. They're both great schools/hospitals that will get you towards anywhere you want to go in medicine. If you have a strong NYC preference, I might suggest taking Columbia. The top NYC residency programs tend to feed off each other's medical schools for residents. Otherwise, where do you think you'd be happier?

Just on that final topic, my classmates and I had no trouble getting interviews in NYC for residencies.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just on that final topic, my classmates and I had no trouble getting interviews in NYC for residencies.

How is the commraderie at Wash U ... during interview process it seemed very chill

Columbia ftw. No question about it.

How is the commraderie at Wash U ... during interview process it seemed very chill

It's great. No curve, no competition. Everyone seems to hang out with one another (individual personality conflicts notwithstanding) and we genuinely get along well.

Washu and Columbia were my top 2 choices in the end. They are both great schools and have great outcomes/programs. Go where you are happier, you will be so glad that you did. And in this case, before someone argues for money, money can equal happiness ;)

I am currently facing this same choice-really tough decisions ahead, but I have family ties to suburban NY so I'm leaning towards Columbia all things being equal...There was something unique and special about the atmosphere of WashU though-a real feel of a family of people who want to help you become the greatest doctor possible, and all the students seem very excited about pursuing that goal

EDIT: Please keep this thread going-particularly interested in current students at the institutions who can relay their experience

Last edited:
P&S. For sure.

What about dorms at both do most first yrs live in Olin or Bard?

Status
Not open for further replies.