Columbia Waitlist, now what?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ckat

wu ming
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I'm waitlisted at Columbia. Hands down my first choice. What now? I'm going to contact Dean Frantz via letter shortly after I mail back my alternate list confirmation form.

Anyone know chances of getting off the waitlist? Any numbers as to how large the waitlist is? Any strategies or other suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

No idea. One of my co-workers is in the same boat though. She seems to think that Columbia does go to the waitlist.

I was told (so take this with a grain of salt) and have heard a few times, that you can call/write the school and offer to fly back for a second interview to solidify your application. I've also heard that they do go to the waitlist and that letters of intent are taken seriously. A student I met at Tulane had a roommate get in by doing a second interview.

thanks, i will definitely offer to come down when I write my letter of intent. I actually wrote a letter of intent after my interview, but I'll write another one... Thanks for the info!