Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jase133

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone who applied late (ex. the day before the deadline) received word on Columbia?

It's one of my top choices - should I write them a letter or something?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Columbia accepts lots of Canadians. I'm not Canadian but I'm also international and I also turned my apps in about a day after the line. I called to check if that was cool and they said it wouldn't be a problem. Anyhow I got an interview for Dec 13 which I prostponed to Jan 9 before finally cancelling the damn thing.

Write to Dean Frantz. I heard and think he's an awesome guy. He is the main guy that runs their admissions, and I actually think he must devote ALL his time to the process; cause I got a personal invite letter from him and I've read about several people on this board that also got personal status updates or "you're wellcome" notes from the guy.

Definitely give it a shot.

Do you mean write to him directly? I do not have his e-mail, etc?

I wrote to the office of admissions earlier before but they just said "The committee is now making a decision. We will inform you... blah blah"

Any thoughts?

Yes I mean write to him directly. I don't have his email either but it shouldn't be difficult to get.