Columbia?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vmc303

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know when we hear?

Members don't see this ad.

some time in March. Don't know the specifics though

Members don't see this ad :)
Too late to hope for an interview I suppose?

Yup, I believe it's around March 1st or 2nd. :scared:

I am so anxious.

your top choice?

im fascinated to see what you look like now since you're a girl. i remember someone from gettysburg college on the interview trail...?

Is it snail? Phone call? Email?

They said that emails will go out on March 1. I don't know if this is for acceptances only or if it includes waitlists and rejections.

i thought they said they start mid-february....and everyone should hear something by end of feb. was this wrong?

Members don't see this ad :)
your top choice?

im fascinated to see what you look like now since you're a girl. i remember someone from gettysburg college on the interview trail...?

Yup... I think I finally realized that it is my top choice.

Well, I think there are three of us Gettysburg students on the interview trail this year that I know of...but the other two are boys, so maybe because of my gender-confusion on here, you're thinking of one of them?

I do half think, when I checked out your profile, that we were somewhere the same day. I can't recall which school it is now.

They said that emails will go out on March 1. I don't know if this is for acceptances only or if it includes waitlists and rejections.

I was dredging up old Columbia threads and this one caught my eye. Is the email part confirmed? I thought they did everything via snail mail.

AHHHHHHhHhHH! let me in let me in let me in. i cant stand this waiting anymore CRAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP.

Sad. I was hoping for some technological update. I do not want to have to wait through the weekend.

Yeah....while I'm not necessarily expecting an acceptance from Columbia (cold + cold meds + interview = Bad, Bad, Bad), the weekend snail mail wait is the worst.

Now, if they send them out on the 2nd, that means that 2-day priority mail won't arrive until Monday...but if they're *nice* and send them out on the 1st, it will arrive on Saturday...

anyone interview with frantz? despommier?

i remember other applicants on interview day stating that their interviews were very very light and easy.

Now, if they send them out on the 2nd, that means that 2-day priority mail won't arrive until Monday...but if they're *nice* and send them out on the 1st, it will arrive on Saturday...

MdApps just had three people accepted today. They all seem to be MSTP though:oops:

Yeah....while I'm not necessarily expecting an acceptance from Columbia (cold + cold meds + interview = Bad, Bad, Bad), the weekend snail mail wait is the worst.

I feel ya on the cold medicine + interview = bad. I had a sinus infection so I sounded so gross during my interview. I wasn't thinking clearly and I worry that I was too excited (woah, there, ADHD case!!!). My interviewer said she hoped that I'd get in, but with all these "Interviewer lied" threads floating around I'm beginning to feel less good about it all. Booo!! I gotta stay away from SDN.

I wish this weren't the case, but honestly, I'm not expecting much from them. I didn't go to an ivy league (or even a big school), my MCAT isn't stellar, and I haven't won a gold medal. :thumbdown: I better stock up on some muchies because I'm going to be eating my emotions this next week. :oops:

I wonder who can really feel good about their interview at this point. I felt mine went well but it was so long ago I wonder if anyone even remembers me. I also was a little excited (maybe over-anxious) at my interview, I think I calmed down quickly, but again with all this time to think about it I wonder if maybe that will come back to bite me.

anyone interview with frantz? despommier?

i remember other applicants on interview day stating that their interviews were very very light and easy.

i interviewed with despommier. one of the nicest guys i've interviewed with this year.

i interviewed with despommier. one of the nicest guys i've interviewed with this year.

I interveiwed with despommier too, at the time I thought the interview went perfectly, but now I don't feel as confident. He is a nice guy so probably most of the interviews he did went really well.

i interviewed with ortiz-neu. she seemed to be satisfied with me, but she didn't ask any interesting questions, which i always enjoy because it gives you a chance to add life to the interview. overall she was very pleasant... but i've learned that a good interview doesn't necessarily translate into an acceptance at these schools :rolleyes:

I interveiwed with despommier too, at the time I thought the interview went perfectly, but now I don't feel as confident. He is a nice guy so probably most of the interviews he did went really well.

same here. he was so damn enthusiastic about P&S and about me that I felt I was a shoe-in. let's see what happens. ahhhrghaghagh!

I am John Malkovich.

I am so jealous that the mudphud decisions were sent out already. ARRRRGH.

That's it... I've just got to 1.) get back to my movie and 2.) take my mind off of this by planning my summer. *breathe*

My Columbia interview was so weird. It was like my interviewer was doing his best to avoid ANY talk of medical school. He only wanted to talk about sports, and whenever I asked a question regarding the school, he quickly skirted away from the topic and kept talking bout the Mets and the Giants. I think in all it lasted about 12 minutes. I have NO idea what to expect...

Just called the admissions office and they are sending out letters, snail mail, tomorrow, not March 2nd, as I had formerly thought. Good luck to all!!! :)

And no, we can't come pick them up, if we're at Columbia; I already asked...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Just called the admissions office and they are sending out letters, snail mail, tomorrow, not March 2nd, as I had formerly thought. Good luck to all!!! :)

And no, we can't come pick them up, if we're at Columbia; I already asked...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

OMG... I hope that's correct. Saturday is sooooo much better than waiting until Monday.

Thanks for calling.

My Columbia interview was so weird. It was like my interviewer was doing his best to avoid ANY talk of medical school. He only wanted to talk about sports, and whenever I asked a question regarding the school, he quickly skirted away from the topic and kept talking bout the Mets and the Giants. I think in all it lasted about 12 minutes. I have NO idea what to expect...

Mine was weird too...and that's not even counting being hopped up on cold meds. Highlight of mine was an argument over Russian dictators. A good friend of mine also interviewed there, and she's smart, personable, with great stats....and her interviewer *doodled* throughout most of the interview. Right in plain sight! (No clipboard or anything, just writing on the table they were both sitting at.) Sort of makes you wonder how much the interview is worth.

Thanks for calling! I'm glad to hear that they are sending them out tomorrow -- I really don't want to drag out this suspense until next week

Good luck to everyone :luck:

Mine was weird too...and that's not even counting being hopped up on cold meds. Highlight of mine was an argument over Russian dictators. A good friend of mine also interviewed there, and she's smart, personable, with great stats....and her interviewer *doodled* throughout most of the interview. Right in plain sight! (No clipboard or anything, just writing on the table they were both sitting at.) Sort of makes you wonder how much the interview is worth.

LOL, wow. Yeah I walked away thinking the interview wasn't worth much at all.

I wonder how long letters will take to reach California. I'm guessing I'll have to wait until Monday or Tuesday.

omg i my heart just went nuts. you better not be kidding. omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg please please let me in!

when should we get it if we live in manhattan?

omg i my heart just went nuts. you better not be kidding. omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg please please let me in!

not kidding. :)

Acceptances are sent via priority mail, so you should get it in 2 days.

And when in doubt, you can go to the USPS website and look up the time it will take (just plug in the two zipcodes).

Thanks again samwise!!

so do you think they are sending out ALL of the acceptances tomorrow (and only acceptances) so that if we are empty-handed on Monday, it is pretty safe to say it's waitlist/rejection? or is there still a chance that a second batch could be sent out a little later? i can't remember what i read about last year...

can you tell i am expecting bad news? i think i've already started the coping process for my rejection.

so do you think they are sending out ALL of the acceptances tomorrow (and only acceptances) so that if we are empty-handed on Monday, it is pretty safe to say it's waitlist/rejection? or is there still a chance that a second batch could be sent out a little later? i can't remember what i read about last year...

can you tell i am expecting bad news? i think i've already started the coping process for my rejection.

Hmm...good point.

And I know what you mean about expecting bad news...I think out of all my interviews, my Columbia interview is the one I know I did the worst on...and as much as I was impressed by the school, I was also in a miserable sinusy feverish fog that I'm sure did nothing to impress my gung-ho-ed-ness the various admissions spies lurking about. :( (Not that I'm necessarily expecting good news from the other schools I'm waiting on, but I at least know that with them if I get rejected it wasn't because of an off-interview day (but rather, deeper flaws!).)

Hmm...good point.

And I know what you mean about expecting bad news...I think out of all my interviews, my Columbia interview is the one I know I did the worst on...and as much as I was impressed by the school, I was also in a miserable sinusy feverish fog that I'm sure did nothing to impress my gung-ho-ed-ness the various admissions spies lurking about. :( (Not that I'm necessarily expecting good news from the other schools I'm waiting on, but I at least know that with them if I get rejected it wasn't because of an off-interview day (but rather, deeper flaws!).)

that's the worst when you think an interview went badly - especially when you have had a few months to analyze every mistake you are sure you made. and if you are anything like me, most of these so-called mistakes you just made up in your head and your interviewer didn't think twice about them. thankfully, my interview was fine - my interviewer was incredibly nice and encouraging and we had a good (albeit short) conversation. so i guess my problem is the deeper flaws. still not very comforting. and now there is nothing to blame. it's just me.

So are the letters going to be sent via snail or priority?

omg! do you guys think they will include any pre-interview acceptance in this batch?!?!

seriously though, good luck all you columbia hopefuls.

in terms of snail vs. priority, they just said mail. they didn't differentiate. my understanding is they all are sent out at once, but i could be wrong. good luck all! :)

in terms of snail vs. priority, they just said mail. they didn't differentiate. my understanding is they all are sent out at once, but i could be wrong. good luck all! :)

Ahh, tis the season to be stalking the mailman again... I haven't felt this anxious/nauseous since 10/15.