1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Columbia

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by ny-er2002, Nov 22, 2002.

1. ny-er2002

ny-er2002 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Has any of you interviewed at Columbia and been promissed admission or at least wait list? I just have.

Since it was Dean Frantz who interviewed me and I know he likes people who are enthusiastic about Columbia, should I call him up?

I already sent him a thank you email in which I told him how much I liked the school and the people and that I would love to go
    there. Is this enough?

Cristian

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Iron Horse

Iron Horse The luckiest man
    7+ Year Member

I'd urge you to cut off your left ear and FedEx it to him as a sign of your devotion.

The e-mail should be sufficient, but I always send a card or letter versus e-mail when the occasion is important.

4. bulldog

bulldog Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

huh? are u saying that you "just have" interviewed or "just have" received a waitlist?

5. TeinVI

TeinVI Membership Revoked
    Removed

i think he's saying that he had an interview and the dean told him that he's at least guranteed a waitlist spot.

6. ny-er2002

ny-er2002 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Indeed, Dean Frantz told me at the end of my interview I would be at least wait listed, if not admitted. I am thinking of sending him a a letter of intent before decisions are mailed.

Has anyone been in such a position? I am hoping to hear from someone already admitted, hopefully at Columbia.

Could this turn him off?

Thank you!

7. LUBDUBB

LUBDUBB Freakaholic
    10+ Year Member

I'm sending this link to Dean Frantz right now..........

j/k j/k j/k j/k j/k j/k j/k j/k j/k j/k j/k j/k

8. jot

jot

yah - send that letter of intent. i just interviewed there, and it seems like they are all about the persistant contact if you want in. emphasize your love for musical rugby, and you're guarenteed.;)

-jot

9. ny-er2002

ny-er2002 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks, jot. I will write Dr. Fantz a letter of intent. I love the school and will go to Columbia if I get in.

10. Weeble

Weeble Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

also, make sure to reiterate that you're a guy. :laugh:

I say this because, as a female rugby player who was on the national team track, I got *no love* from Frantz last year! :D