Columbia

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by ny-er2002, Nov 22, 2002.

1. ny-er2002

ny-er2002 Junior Member

Has any of you interviewed at Columbia and been promissed admission or at least wait list? I just have.

Since it was Dean Frantz who interviewed me and I know he likes people who are enthusiastic about Columbia, should I call him up?

I already sent him a thank you email in which I told him how much I liked the school and the people and that I would love to go
    there. Is this enough?

Cristian

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Iron Horse

Iron Horse The luckiest man

I'd urge you to cut off your left ear and FedEx it to him as a sign of your devotion.

The e-mail should be sufficient, but I always send a card or letter versus e-mail when the occasion is important.

4. bulldog

bulldog Senior Member

huh? are u saying that you "just have" interviewed or "just have" received a waitlist?

5. TeinVI

TeinVI Banned
    Banned

i think he's saying that he had an interview and the dean told him that he's at least guranteed a waitlist spot.

6. ny-er2002

ny-er2002 Junior Member

Indeed, Dean Frantz told me at the end of my interview I would be at least wait listed, if not admitted. I am thinking of sending him a a letter of intent before decisions are mailed.

Has anyone been in such a position? I am hoping to hear from someone already admitted, hopefully at Columbia.

Could this turn him off?

Thank you!

7. LUBDUBB

LUBDUBB Freakaholic

I'm sending this link to Dean Frantz right now..........

j/k j/k j/k j/k j/k j/k j/k j/k j/k j/k j/k j/k

8. jot

jot

yah - send that letter of intent. i just interviewed there, and it seems like they are all about the persistant contact if you want in. emphasize your love for musical rugby, and you're guarenteed.;)

-jot

9. ny-er2002

ny-er2002 Junior Member

Thanks, jot. I will write Dr. Fantz a letter of intent. I love the school and will go to Columbia if I get in.

10. Weeble

Weeble Senior Member

also, make sure to reiterate that you're a guy. :laugh:

I say this because, as a female rugby player who was on the national team track, I got *no love* from Frantz last year! :D