Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

physicsMD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I applied to Columbia MSTP and my app was complete in the middle of August. I haven't heard anything yet (I know, not a good sign), does anyone know what the deal is with the admissions process? I was under the impression you would be considered for MD as well as MSTP (since you essentially fill out 2 apps, one to the med school and one to the grad school) at the same time, but perhaps I am wrong.

Members don't see this ad.

I can't speak for everyone else, but it was the MD/PhD program that made the arrangements for my MD interview when they invited me. So, perhaps the MD program doesn't consider people separately until the MSTP makes a decision? Call up Stacey and ask her if you will be receiving an interview, and if not, ask her if you can be considered for MD.

Hi CaNEM,
So, you had an MD interview invite. Did you call and ask to be considered for MD as well or was it a surprise?

Members don't see this ad :)
No, what I am saying is that when the MD/PhD program invited me for an interview, and I accepted, they contacted MD admissions to set up my MD interview. Then, MD admissions sent me the MD appointment invitation via snail mail. So, perhaps the MD admissions committee takes no action regarding MSTP applicants unless told to by the MSTP office. That's why I'm saying if you want to be considered MD if you are not interviewed MSTP, perhaps you should just let them know.

So I called Columbia's MD office and they said if you apply for MSTP, both MD and MSTP consider your application concurrently. I asked her to check to see of my app was in their system and she said it was currently in review.