Combat Casualty Care Course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Homunculus

SDN Caveman Administrator
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey all. just got back from C4 yesterday night. actually not too bad of an experience.

GeoLeoX was nice enough to give me a detailed heads up on what it would be like, which was quite helpful, even for someone with ROTC/OBC under their belt. I'm planning on taking his advice and adding some to it, and posting a few photos of what it's like and make a sticky out of it. hopefully it will help everyone spend less time worrying about the little stuff and be able to learn the big picture of what C4 is all about.

--your friendly neighborhood sunburnt combat peds caveman

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks in advance for the gouge, H.

-sb

Homunculus said:
hey all. just got back from C4 yesterday night. actually not too bad of an experience.

GeoLeoX was nice enough to give me a detailed heads up on what it would be like, which was quite helpful, even for someone with ROTC/OBC under their belt. I'm planning on taking his advice and adding some to it, and posting a few photos of what it's like and make a sticky out of it. hopefully it will help everyone spend less time worrying about the little stuff and be able to learn the big picture of what C4 is all about.

C4 was fun when I took it a couple of you years ago...did it when it was COLD...waking up in the middle of the night to go take a piss sucked!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Homunculus said:

Sweet do it before June... that's when I'm taking a trip to Camp Bullis (bring on the heat)

Good old Camp Bullis!! You know when you do OBC field week and you stay in those old modified field hospital tents as barracks? You know those portajons along the back fence? Well one night, being one of the only smokers back then along with an oral surgeon buddy of mine, we accidentally set one on fire dumping the stogie in down the crapper!!! It was hilarious!! It looked like a chimney with the roof vent smoking. I woke up a couple of my platoon buddies and they helped me piss out the fire. I thought I was going to lose my platoon sgt. position but it ended up flying under the radar. OBC really was a blast though. I regret not ever trying for the EFMB though!!

Yo, munc, welcome back. It's nice when it's over, isn't it? I, too, have some photos if you are in need. Stuff like the rappel tower, decon, the stupid Conops, etc.

Geo