Combined IM/GI residency?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pimping you on scleroderma? LMAO. Yeah... pretty sure that's the exception and not the rule. Also, general cardiology is not the same as a procedural sub-specialty like EP. Not even close. I can see how general cards can write acceptable notes, since SOME of what they practice is IM.

Well this was an interventional guy but point taken.

Members don't see this ad.

I can see this being the exception not the rule but my experience was very different in M3 and M4 rotations with cardiology. They would constantly rip apart the residents for practicing poor IM, repeatedly stressed to me the importance of being a good internist first and foremost, and I remember being pimped on scleroderma after a peripheral cath one day.

Also their notes were the most comprehensive and perfect notes I ever saw consistently through clinicals. Really looked up to those guys.

Good. Those guys should know some details about scleroderma. Esprcially the association with pulmonary hypertension. But I'm not sure why they shouldn't know also that scleroderma can affect the myocardial, pericardium, and or the conduction system.

Being a real doctor is hard.

Reactions: 1 user
Good. Those guys should know some details about scleroderma. Esprcially the association with pulmonary hypertension. But I'm not sure why they shouldn't know also that scleroderma can affect the myocardial, pericardium, and or the conduction system.

Being a real doctor is hard.
I agree that they should absolutely know how the heart is affected by different diseases. And I totally expect that they should learn this as part of the core competencies of their fellowship training. The question is how much non-cardiology training they actually need to accomplish this. Let's face it... there's overlap in EVERY single specialty, and if you take that to its logical end, you can make the argument that physicians should complete training in every single specialty and start practice at the age of 55. Obviously this is impossible, as is the opposite end of the spectrum (no training). The truth lies somewhere in the middle, and some of us are just questioning where that truth lies.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your life must be pretty interesting that you actually took the time to search through my posting history...also I'm a usmd with a 245 step 1..you're right matching psych is my only option...you're pretty pathetic honestly hahahaha

245 is pretty bad for such a self professed smart guy.

Your life must be pretty interesting that you actually took the time to search through my posting history...also I'm a usmd with a 245 step 1..you're right matching psych is my only option...you're pretty pathetic honestly hahahaha

Yeah. But can you kick my ass??

Reactions: 1 users