combined md/mph programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AwaPremed

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
which schools offer the combined md/mph programs?

Members don't see this ad.

Search this forum, there were a few threads 'bout them...off the top of my head: Penn, Temple, Drexel, Columbia, Hopkins, NYU, pretty sure Pitt

AwaPremed said:

I know Case and U of Rochester do too.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know many off the top of my head. I know Virginia Commonwealth University does. I would look at schools where the MPH program is either part of a medical school or schools that have both a School of Public Health and a Medical school.

Tulane has a combined program as well (otherwise I've been showing up to a bunch of extra classes for nothing).

If you're really planning to utilize your MPH in your career, you want to make sure you get it from an accredited school of public health. There are lots of medical schools where you can get an MPH, but not all are "accredited" MPH programs. Accredited Schools

UMDNJ offers a wide range of combined programs including MD/MPH, MD/MBA, MD/JD....

Remember to keep in mind when looking for a dual degree whether the school expects you to pay extra tuition for it or not. I got accepted to COlumbia and Tuft's dual degree DMD/MPH program but they wanted me to shell out an extra $30K for it. HELLZ NO! Temple was the only school that allowed me to do a MPH dual degree with no extra tuition cost, and hence my signature :D

Dr.BadVibes said:
Remember to keep in mind when looking for a dual degree whether the school expects you to pay extra tuition for it or not. I got accepted to COlumbia and Tuft's dual degree DMD/MPH program but they wanted me to shell out an extra $30K for it. HELLZ NO! Temple was the only school that allowed me to do a MPH dual degree with no extra tuition cost, and hence my signature :D

UIC's (Univ. Illinois - Chicago) is also at no additional cost.

- H

AwaPremed said:

If you go to aamc.org, you can find the entire list of combined MD/MPH programs on the site. Search for "combined programs" and you should find a link where you can scroll down a list of the various types of combined programs (MD/MPH, MD/PhD, MD/MBA, etc.), select the type of combined program you're interested in, and it will list all the schools with that type of program. I'd find the link myself, but I'm too lazy at this moment, I apologize. If you can't find it, I'll grab it for ya in the morning. g'night

AJ