Combined neurology-psychiatry programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fremitus

BRAIN DOC AND SHRINK
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What instiutions offer a neurology-psychiatry residency program. Over here in the Philippines, there is only one hospital offering the program. Another thing, what would I have to do to get into this sort of program, considering I'm an FMG.

Thanks alot!

Members don't see this ad.

i think there are 7-9 such programs in the US, the few i looked at accept 1, or at most 2 students per yr-quite competitive i would guess-and some even lay out how competitive on their web site, you need competitive board scores, research etc etc, might be rough as a FMG unless you are amazing... look at www.scutwork.com and around for the list of programs and their urls...

scm

what about the pure neurrology programs? as an fmg, what will i have to doaside from high USMLE scores? would it help if i finish internal medicine here before i attempt to get into US neuro programs?

Members don't see this ad :)
What instiutions offer a neurology-psychiatry residency program. Over here in the Philippines, there is only one hospital offering the program. Another thing, what would I have to do to get into this sort of program, considering I'm an FMG.

Thanks alot!

I was wondering what the current info on this was. Are there more programs out there?

I find that most physicians that specialize in more than one specialty or who graduate from any "joint" program are rather mediocre. They are hardly impressive on either subject. This also applies to MD/lawyers.

Be good in one field. Not mediocre in two. Harsh, but ....true.