Combining sequential employments into "one" section under Work/Activities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

throwaway77

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey,

i might be jumping the gun on this but i was wondering if it is okay to combine sequential employments into "1" activity under the work/employment section?

i.e. Title - "Postgraduation Employment"
Description:
2011-2012 i worked at one company - brief info - contact
2012-2013 i worked at another company - brief info - contact
2014-onwards i will be working at yet another company - brief info - contact

Members don't see this ad.

I think for the most part that section is what you make of it, so I think this would be fine. Do you really have that many activities that you have to group these, though? o_O

Members don't see this ad :)
I grouped many things in my application and no one has said anything at interviews. The problem I ran into, however, was the fact that I kept running up against the character count to just list everything with the dates and contact - definitely start writing these things out and compare them to the 750 (or something) character count you are allowed (counting spaces).

thanks for the feedback guys.

the reason i want to combine activities is largely because I had to move a bit and I dont want my application to come across as a series of "1 year" commitments. i want to convey that i was committed to the of idea of working, volunteering, etc but had to change the actual organization due to geographical locations.