Combining Study Plans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chem4Days

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

(long time lurker, first time poster)

I just signed up for the May 23rd MCAT and was curious about a study strategy. Would it prove beneficial to attempt to combine SN2ed's study plan with a Kaplan review course, or is this the equivalent to mental suicide? I had the idea to do the SN2 4 month schedule in addition to the review course which I am currently enrolled in. I'm taking a reduced credit load this semester, so have plenty of time to devote to studying. Let me know what you guys think!

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

You mean doing Kaplan review along side of the sn2ed? I think that would be counterproductive. I would most likely try to tailor the sn2ed to compliment what I am already doing in Kaplan. So if you are doing gen chem in Kaplan, find the chapter in TBR (if you choose to use that) that follows the same subject matter, and then do the passages accordingly.

I'm signed up for 4/26 and I'm using Kaplan (enrolled in online on-demand class), TBR, EK, and TPRHL books.

Members don't see this ad :)
that's kinda what i'm doing - except I combined them.

i signed up for May 30th MCAT, and i'm enrolled in the kaplan online class and therefore have all the kaplan books.
basically i just bought the EK books from SN2ed's 4-month plan, and I just made a plan replacing BR books with the kaplan books for content review. still the same subjects on the same days, just had to divide the chapters a little differently.

I started the whole plan on saturday!

Orgo: EK + TPRH workbook
Bio: EK + TPRH workbook
Physics: TBR + TPRH workbook
Chem: TBR + TPRH workbook
verbal: TPRH + EK 101