Come to Chat This Evening

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fermata

Hold me.
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've hammered at this point already...but please....come and join the festivities. :D

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome.

I hope its in celebration. lol. If so, I will be VERY content going to class (and giving my presentation) drunk tomorrow :)

I don't understand why getting drunk is the accepted method of celebration. Is frequent vomiting, involuntary urination, extreme headaches, passing out, and temporary amnesia really celebratory? I think I'd rather enjoy my evening instead of leaning over the toilet all night.

Or are you just saying you'll get drunk because that is what you think you're supposed to say?

JKDMed said:
I don't understand why getting drunk is the accepted method of celebration. Is frequent vomiting, involuntary urination, extreme headaches, passing out, and temporary amnesia really celebratory? I think I'd rather enjoy my evening instead of leaning over the toilet all night.

Or are you just saying you'll get drunk because that is what you think you're supposed to say?

I'll be drinking sweet tea. :D

Free drinks = way to get people to come to chat.

Surely, JKD....as a college student you are aware by now of the relationship of attendence and free stuff. :D

JKDMed said:

Thank you!!! I don't drink and I was raised in a family that celebrated much and often... without ever having alcohol. So I really don't understand why people find that fun is synonimous with alcohol. And why they find the behavior that comes with being drunk so funny, or fun, or whatever.

You can have fun and celebrate without alcohol and the best part is, you'll remember it--and you won't be physically ill the next day!!

MsEvolution said:
Thank you!!! I don't drink and I was raised in a family that celebrated much and often... without ever having alcohol. So I really don't understand why people find that fun is synonimous with alcohol. And why they find the behavior that comes with being drunk so funny, or fun, or whatever.

You can have fun and celebrate without alcohol and the best part is, you'll remember it--and you won't be physically ill the next day!!

I'm not a drinker either...but...I don't think that a lot of people drink because it's "fun". I think that it has more to do with the fact that drinking is deemed a behavior that is good to do socially(meet people, etc).

And let's face it......if it weren't for others being drunk.....some people would never get any attention. :D

Why does it bother you guys so much that people drink? I don't care that you don't drink.

FYI: I drink, and rarely have the symptoms a couple of you seem to think all drinkers have. It can be fun to drink without puking your guts up, have headaches, etc.

For those of you whom I won't offend . . . I plan on having some wine with my fiance after the scores are posted. Both of us have worked really hard to get to this point, so we deserve to let our hair down! :)