Comfortable dress shoes for long hours on my feet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

For a semi-casual but just dressy enough look, I have these super comfy Sketchers. They come in a dark brown suede, black, white, and maybe other colors on their website. They have a tennis shoe-like sole and feel like ballet slippers.

Members don't see this ad.

I would highly recommend Earth shoes. They look fairly stylish and are really comfortable. I work in a research lab where I am on my feet a lot, plus I had a foot injury last year, so I can only wear shoes from the list my podiatrist gave me (although I occasionally slip in flip flops on weekends). If I don't wear shoes from this list I'll end up wearing a knee-high medical boot for six weeks again!

Here is the list (by brand) of the shoes receiving a "seal of acceptance" from the APMA:
http://www.apma.org/s_apma/sec.asp?CID=178&DID=16676

Amen to the Dansko shoes, especially if you have wide feet. I also have a pair of Joseph Seibels (sp?) that I wore until the sole wore away. Super comfortable. If no one is really looking, I find my Doc Marten's (no, really) are comfortable, but that varies a lot by shoe style. Some of the more attractive mary jane styles are not as comfy.

Members don't see this ad :)
Shoe issues are back, I love shoes.:love:

Are the "open toe shoes" acceptable for professional dress?

Attachments

• FAIRYTALEU4PD.jpg
    FAIRYTALEU4PD.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 90
:thumbup: I'm an Ecco fan. I've worn Eccos exclusively for the past 15 years and have not had a problem. I used to wear Clarks or Rockports and Reebock in the OR (covered up with booties) but Eccos are IMHO by far the best.

Is it possible for a pharmacist to sit down at all? I would think a retail night shift pharmacist should be able to since he/she has no work to do :)

Shoe issues are back, I love shoes.:love:

Are the "open toe shoes" acceptable for professional dress?

Someone working in a pharmacy can't wear open toed shoes in OK, you'll get written up.....:rolleyes:

Someone working in a pharmacy can't wear open toed shoes in OK, you'll get written up.....:rolleyes:

seriously, written up?
in NY, in my hospital, we can wear open toed shoes as long as we're not on the floors [no toes in patient-care areas, not even the secretaries]
but, i work around needles and clumsy people, so i tend to keep my dogs covered..

really, written up?:eek:

I wear ladies Timberland black boots to work (yes even in the summer). Don't tie them on too tight, gives me support and great to walk around in. Even in pharm lab they are great because these boots have support grips on the bottom; a lot of times the pharm lab floor gets slippery from rain and snow or students spilling water on the ground. So yeah, these are my life savers!