Coming to canada from uk?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medstulife

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI,
I apologize if this questions has been asking before but i did not find a definitive answer so i am asking.

I am a Canadian citizen who went to the carribbean since it IMG spots are very limited in canada and with no luck so far, is it possible to apply for family medicine/Internal medicine training in UK/Ireland, complete it and come back to canada. I know the CFPC does recognize training from Ireland UK, does anyone know the procedure?

Members don't see this ad.

Unless you're an EU citizen it will be more difficult to get a residency position in UK or Ireland. Probably need to stick to US and Canada

HI,
I apologize if this questions has been asking before but i did not find a definitive answer so i am asking.

I am a Canadian citizen who went to the carribbean since it IMG spots are very limited in canada and with no luck so far, is it possible to apply for family medicine/Internal medicine training in UK/Ireland, complete it and come back to canada. I know the CFPC does recognize training from Ireland UK, does anyone know the procedure?

You probably can't apply, but if you get the training you can come back.

HI,

Your best shot is securing a US FM residency...is there something holding you back from that?