comittee letters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nero

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should be have committee letters or is it ok to just send 3 letters directly from the professors?.........my school make committee letters, but it will definitely be a slow process...will med schools care?....do they specifiy?

thanks

nero

Members don't see this ad.

if you have a committee letter - then it is highly preferred to individual letters ( Though you may send them in addition). if you do not, the medschool may wonder why you did not use the service or something to that effect. they usually state this preference.

Some schools require the committee letter if your school has a committee. Some schools will allow you not to use the committee letter but insist you write a paragraph explaining why. I'm not sure if "it would have been slower" is a reason they accept or not.

Good luck either way. I used to think it was a bad thing that my school didn't do the committee letter thing - but these days I am soooo glad they don't and I don't have to bother with that.

Yeah - my school has a committee but you have to apply for a letter and they only give like half the people who apply a letter - I can't imagine what it's like for those who don't get it. All of my applications say that a committee letter is required!