COMLEX 2014 Step 2--tutor and suggestions??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOforGood

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, all,
I am looking for someone with tutoring experience in the Phila area for COMLEX Step2. I'm willing to pay, of course---esp interested if your score improved significantly with the re-scoring. ;)
Unfortunately, I have taken step 2 COMLEX 3 times---twice in 2013 with the "old" exam and then in July with the "new" exam. I say New bc the exam I took in July was radically different from the 2013 exams. Despite being more prepared, focused, and performing much better on COMBANK, I still failed with a 393 (it was 395 before they did their score review). In July, the questions were longer, more confusing to me than before, and I ran out of time for the first time on an exam since the MCAT. (Did anyone else have this experience?)

The first two times I took it, I was balancing med student life with taking care of my dying father (he died from ALS a few months ago after 18mos w the diagnosis) and my young daughter. The third time, I was focused on school for the first time in 2 yrs, and I'm still *shocked* I did not pass this time. I don't usually do these forums, but in the absence of assistance from my school, I am reaching out. Please be kind in your responses. I need to pass this time; close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

What have you been scoring on combank, comquest and comsae exams?

Hi--
Both times I took the exam in 2013 (Sept--379, Dec---371), I was scoring in the 40-50% range for COMBANK. I did not do the COMSAE (I know, prob dumb looking back) b/c what good is it to take a COMSAE when you 1) don't get to review the questions you get wrong, and 2) there's such little guidance in the way of improving from the score report. I took COMSAE's for Step 1 and was more frustrated by them than helped.

This time for the July 2014 test, I was reliably in the 70s on COMBANK, so I thought that would be sufficient to get the 30 points needed to pass COMLEX. I did not anticipate the change in the question style. Does anyone recommend doing UWorld questions for COMLEX prep?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sent you a PM. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions