1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

COMLEX II and Family Practice

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by Molly Maquire, Apr 3, 2004.

1. Molly Maquire

Molly Maquire Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi,

I want to do really well on COMLEX II and have been told that the family practice questions are the most difficult to prepare for (I guess it's not just a combo of med, peds, and ob). I heard that some of these questions ask about really bizarre stuff. I am also taking the NBOME Family Practice shelf in three months.

Does anyone know some good books to study? I have heard Swanson's Family practice review--do you guys agree? Anything else?

thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. rad_one

rad_one Member
    7+ Year Member

No experience personally w/ Swanson's but I heard other students say that it helped a little. The NMS question book and Boards and Wards are two solid choices. Rx for the boards I think is equivalent to Crush, so take your pick there. Saverese for OMT. Those should be enough.

4. VentdependenT

VentdependenT You didnt build thaT
    Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Look at the COMLEX II thread in the board section on these forums. It has all the impressions of this years test and what folks used. I scored a 92% and you can see everything I studied for on there.

Do NOT read all of swansons. I only read peds and obgyn sections. Took me 2 days.