1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

COMLEX II and Family Practice

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by Molly Maquire, Apr 3, 2004.

1. Molly Maquire

Molly Maquire Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi,

I want to do really well on COMLEX II and have been told that the family practice questions are the most difficult to prepare for (I guess it's not just a combo of med, peds, and ob). I heard that some of these questions ask about really bizarre stuff. I am also taking the NBOME Family Practice shelf in three months.

Does anyone know some good books to study? I have heard Swanson's Family practice review--do you guys agree? Anything else?

thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. rad_one

rad_one Member
    7+ Year Member

No experience personally w/ Swanson's but I heard other students say that it helped a little. The NMS question book and Boards and Wards are two solid choices. Rx for the boards I think is equivalent to Crush, so take your pick there. Saverese for OMT. Those should be enough.

4. VentdependenT

VentdependenT You didnt build thaT
    Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Look at the COMLEX II thread in the board section on these forums. It has all the impressions of this years test and what folks used. I scored a 92% and you can see everything I studied for on there.

Do NOT read all of swansons. I only read peds and obgyn sections. Took me 2 days.