COMLEX II and Family Practice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Molly Maquire

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I want to do really well on COMLEX II and have been told that the family practice questions are the most difficult to prepare for (I guess it's not just a combo of med, peds, and ob). I heard that some of these questions ask about really bizarre stuff. I am also taking the NBOME Family Practice shelf in three months.

Does anyone know some good books to study? I have heard Swanson's Family practice review--do you guys agree? Anything else?

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

No experience personally w/ Swanson's but I heard other students say that it helped a little. The NMS question book and Boards and Wards are two solid choices. Rx for the boards I think is equivalent to Crush, so take your pick there. Saverese for OMT. Those should be enough.

Look at the COMLEX II thread in the board section on these forums. It has all the impressions of this years test and what folks used. I scored a 92% and you can see everything I studied for on there.

Do NOT read all of swansons. I only read peds and obgyn sections. Took me 2 days.