Sep 2, 2015
Status
Medical Student
Just got my score back, and it's a disappointing 440. I knew the material well, I just mismanaged my time on the exam. Severely! I never had a problem with timing on practice questions, and my cumulative grade from the first two years is a low A. I have no idea about what I would like to do in medicine, but I was wondering about where my score puts me in that regard. Thank you all.

scoKraz4

5+ Year Member
Dec 16, 2013
Goto the nbome site to see average comlex score per specialty and see if your score falls in the range of it. Do everything you can to make the rest of your application awesome, like Step 2. Step 1 is over and out of your control now so just put it behind you and keep pushin on!

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
You'll be OK. Do well on rotations.

Just got my score back, and it's a disappointing 440. I knew the material well, I just mismanaged my time on the exam. Severely! I never had a problem with timing on practice questions, and my cumulative grade from the first two years is a low A. I have no idea about what I would like to do in medicine, but I was wondering about where my score puts me in that regard. Thank you all.

Reactions: GUH

GUH

Underdawg
7+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2010
Eastern US
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Below average, but there are some DO students who would love to have scored a 440. Keep working hard.
And yes, you can look up COMLEX scores for various AOA specialties, just be aware that there will likely be less AOA programs by the time we apply compared to 2012.

NurWollen

Strong with the Force
10+ Year Member
Dec 27, 2007
United States
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Below average, but there are some DO students who would love to have scored a 440. Keep working hard.
And yes, you can look up COMLEX scores for various AOA specialties, just be aware that there will likely be less AOA programs by the time we apply compared to 2012.
Is there a place I can look up COMLEX scores by specialty? The most recent I can find is from 2012.

hallowmann

Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2012
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Is there a place I can look up COMLEX scores by specialty? The most recent I can find is from 2012.
Haven't seen a new report. Was expecting a 2014 one to come out this year, but it still hasn't... so... at least we some idea with the 2012 AOA (obviously it's probably a bit more competitive) and the NRMP report.

Oct 27, 2013
Status
Resident [Any Field]
As long as you passed you should not obsess with you score, just move on do well on your rotations.

I am a OMS-III who took the COMLEX this past cycle. I am disappointed with my score as well - during practice I was above average but when show time came I bombed it. I did not take USMLE step 1.

However, I am only interested in AOA or ACGME family medicine. Do any of these programs ever refuse to give low scoring Level 1 students a chance to do audition rotations? It tempts me to take USMLE step 2 in the spring and get my score back before applying for auditions. My school does not allow me to take COMLEX Level 2 CE until end of June the earliest but there are no regulations for USMLE.

I have time off in between and might want to invest my life in studying for USMLE step 2. Worth the investment? I have yet to call up every program I am interested in so if anyone has a general answer let me know!