COMLEX Level 2 PE Requirements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mike10980

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I had a quick question! I am in the class of 2013 and have just sat down to start thinking about my ROL. I am a DO student, and I will be going through the allopathic match. I am hoping that my COMLEX Level 2 PE score comes out in next week or so; however, I am wondering what affect a "pending" Level 2 PE score will have on my rank. Do you think programs will hold it against me that my score has not come out in time yet for the ROL submission? The rest of the application is solid, and my interviews went well (who knows though, until March 15 ;)).

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Edited to add: I am concerned in the chance that my score does not come out until after the ROL submission deadline (say it comes out February 25th for example)

Members don't see this ad.

How would the answer to this question change what you do on your ROL?

Just a curiosity question. I suppose I would consider writing a letter to my programs saying my PE score is pending, and I anticipate hearing it soon...and I hopefully anticipate a positive outcome.

I was just wondering (from people who are more experienced than myself) how much of a disadvantage I am at by not having my Level 2 PE score.

Just a curiosity question. I suppose I would consider writing a letter to my programs saying my PE score is pending, and I anticipate hearing it soon...and I hopefully anticipate a positive outcome.

I was just wondering (from people who are more experienced than myself) how much of a disadvantage I am at by not having my Level 2 PE score.

Many reidencies were lookig to have the scores by the end of January. I asked them because I had to retake one of the exams. Most places are done interviewing by the end of January. The comlex PE scores comes out during the first week of every month. So mayhave them soon. You could send an email to the program coordinator telling her you passed your PE upon receiving the scores. It usually takes the programs a few days once you retransmit the scores to actually look at them.

Th answer to the OP question is going to depend on the field and the program, so there is no way to make a general statement. That said, I expect that any program that absolutely requires teh score for ranking would have told you this during the interview. Could your position drop on their ROL because it's missing? It's possible. It's also possible that they won't care.