COMLEX Qbank - stuck at 60%

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Villiers

FlamingRedHaired Chick
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is really bumming me out. I'm putting in solid 12 hour days of studying every day for the past few weeks and I my Qbank average is stuck at 60%, test after test. I'm doing blocks of 40 to 50 random questions. I don't know how to judge this. Nobody really knows how well the Comlex Qbank matches up to the real thing, but on the other hand I keep hearing people say you need to be doing at least 70% on Qbank to expect to pass. It's really scaring me.

Anyone else hitting Comlex Qbank hard and have an opinion to share? Or am I the only dunce here?

Members don't see this ad.

Comlex qbank is absolutely horrible. Many of the questions are too nitpicky and a for a lot of the sequential case questions, you're screwed on all of them if you don't get the first one (unlike the actual comlex). If you're going to insist on using comlex qbank for prep., use it only as a learning tool and realize that your scores are going to be all over the map and consequently, that it is not at all a good predictor...for anything.

I think that if you know your omm, micro., pharm. and path. well, there's not much that's going to keep you from passing and probably doing pretty well.

whoever wrote the comlex qbank questions must have been drunk or suffering from a mental illness. i had many questions with 2 answer choices that were the same. I had many instances where the system would mark a question wrong but then in the explanations it would say my answer choice was right and they explain why it is.
the comlex qbank is ghettttttttttttto

but as for your score...i'd take it with a grain of salt
my advice is...dont study more than 8 hrs a day

once i started doing that my avg percentage climbed 2-3% every 4-5 days...no joke

Members don't see this ad :)
surrender903 said:
i just finished comlex q on monday. absolutely horrible questions regarding WHY something was right and why something else was wrong.

I agree with everything that y'all have said about COMLEX Qbank. However, there have been test takers that have said that they had EXACT matching sections out of the Qbank on their actual test. So as bad as they may be, it is still worth spending the time to go through if you can get a few freebies on your test. Good luck.

i had a few bad q's on the real thing last week....ie, a question where the right answer was mobitz 1 (wenckebach) block....but both "mobitz type 1" and "wenckebach" were answer choices. wtf?