COMLEX rescore and what to do next

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sammyOMM

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I needed some advice and I apologize for the long post. I got my COMLEX LEVEL 1 score back and to my surprise I did not pass. I had good grades in classes (A's and B's), and took 3 comsae's. The ranges were from 500-630's. My last comsae was two months before my COMLEX in the 630's and I studied for 6 weeks afterwards for my COMLEX. I was also taking NBME's and they ranged from 220-240's and last moment I decided to push my USMLE back. I am in top 20% of class.

During my COMLEX, after 1st question of 7th block, the computer blacked out to a white screen, became glitchy, and turned back on to the second question of block 7. I clicked multiple times while the screen was black but nothing happened. And then the computer resumed in my block after 2-3 minutes. I assumed this was part of the system or the computer was just lagging. Is it possible that my answers did not save after block 7? I requested a score confirmation of my exam and I will get it later this week. Does anyone have any experience with rescoring or any anomalies with the computer during the exam? Is it possible for them to see in rescoring if question answers were not recorded? Will I have any luck with rescoring?

If the rescore does not find any anomilies and I am retaking COMLEX in 8 weeks, do you guys recommend any resources to use? I already used FA, Uworld, DIT, COMBANK. My school wants me to do Boards Boot Camp program. One final question, if I pass with a good score, what are the chances of finding a good residency?

Members don't see this ad.

just curious, but how much did you fail by?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you notify the NBOME of this glitch after the exam? There's a screen at the end of the exam with a number to call the NBOME if you experience technical problems/irregularities. If not, you may be able to still contact them.

This honestly doesn't make sense. I've never heard of someone getting in the 630s on COMSAEs and then failing. I mean they aren't really representative, so you might be 100+ points off, but 240? That seems a little extreme. How did you feel during the actual exam?

Hopefully this gets worked out. If they see that the last 2 blocks of your exam was unanswered then they may do something, but I honestly would try to contact them and explain what happened. You might get lucky and get someone who both cares and can do something about it. They aren't usually the best at fixing things though.

As far as studying, I really don't know what to tell you. If you were getting 630s and 220-240s on the NBMEs, you were doing fine with studying. The only thing I could think of is hammering Savarese more and doing more Combank and Comquest. Good luck.

Did you notify the NBOME of this glitch after the exam? There's a screen at the end of the exam with a number to call the NBOME if you experience technical problems/irregularities. If not, you may be able to still contact them.

This honestly doesn't make sense. I've never heard of someone getting in the 630s on COMSAEs and then failing. I mean they aren't really representative, so you might be 100+ points off, but 240? That seems a little extreme. How did you feel during the actual exam?

Hopefully this gets worked out. If they see that the last 2 blocks of your exam was unanswered then they may do something, but I honestly would try to contact them and explain what happened. You might get lucky and get someone who both cares and can do something about it. They aren't usually the best at fixing things though.

As far as studying, I really don't know what to tell you. If you were getting 630s and 220-240s on the NBMEs, you were doing fine with studying. The only thing I could think of is hammering Savarese more and doing more Combank and Comquest. Good luck.

Thank you for your reply. I forgot to mention it at the end of my exam as I thought it may have been the computer lagging. I will call them tomorrow, mention my COMSAE's and have them look into it. Hopefully find someone sympathetic to hear me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.