Comlex Review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcandy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello survivors of COMLEX I,

Was the Saverse (sp?) book adequate for OMT/Osteopathic review for COMLEX? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

mcandy said:
Hello survivors of COMLEX I,

Was the Saverse (sp?) book adequate for OMT/Osteopathic review for COMLEX? Thanks in advance!

I haven't taken the exam yet but based on my research, yes it's definitely adequate for the OMM section of COMLEX-I.

Be aware that there is a new book out called "COMLEX Review, Clinical Anatomy and OMM" (I think). It's written by these 2 DO/MBA 4th years at NYCOM. It follows the Q/A format, which I find helpful. Seems like a good book but I'm sticking to Saverese. It's still the gold-standard for OMM. G'luck

Focus on the autonomics and viscerosomatic reflexes, and skim through diagnosis and treatment. The actualy mechanical aspect of OMT really wasnt a big player on my COMLEX I, while the other stuff was hit hard.

Reverse that for Step II though. Cranial was huge, no viscerosomatic stuff, etc.

Speaking of COMLEX - I thought I saw some of last year's MS-2 class studying with what looked like a Kaplan series written for COMLEX review. Does this exist??? I can't seem to find it. Is it any good?

Members don't see this ad :)
No. The kaplan book stinks and the Saverse book didn't cover it well. A lot of people will say know your autonomics, which is true. But on my exam (10/05) they made up about 1 out of every 10 OMM questions. The rest were things that you just hope to remember from class. I read the Saverse book the day before the Comlex and think it may have got me 2 extra questions. Thats my take on it anyways.

Did the Kaplan series of books stink in general or just for OMM??? I wasn't planning on using them for OMM review anyway, but I was considering them if they were good for an overall COMLEX review.

avanb803 said:
No. The kaplan book stinks and the Saverse book didn't cover it well. A lot of people will say know your autonomics, which is true. But on my exam (10/05) they made up about 1 out of every 10 OMM questions. The rest were things that you just hope to remember from class. I read the Saverse book the day before the Comlex and think it may have got me 2 extra questions. Thats my take on it anyways.

Do you think that had anything to do with it? I know Saverese is easy read but putting one day into a section that covers 10-20% of a national board exam doesn't seem like the best strategy in my mind. I may be wrong.

avanb803 said:

I was told that the text itself is lame, but that the 500+ questions were very high yield...did you do these?