1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

COMLEX score for Psych residency??

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by letsgomedical, Sep 4, 2014.

1. letsgomedical

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I was wondering if there is an "unofficial passing COMLEX score" for acgme psych programs.

comlex level I: 475
    comlex level 2: 454
    class rank: bottom half (had to take remediation exams for 2 classes but passed and never repeated any classes)
    did a sub-I audition at one acgme psych institution...

I was going to apply broadly to 50+ programs, but with no usmle score and a not very stellar comlex score, was worried about applying to acgme psych programs..... Any thoughts??

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Tizoc

Tizoc ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    If you check FRIEDA and school websites, you'll find a considerable number of ACGME programs that will accept any passing COMLEX score.

4. BigSib

Physician 5+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    See the Osteopathic GME Match Reports

5. letsgomedical

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I thought osteopathic gme match report takes into account only aoa programs.......

6. MLT2MT2DO

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    If you have little or no geographic preference you should be fine. The Midwest for instance is much less competitive than NE/West coasts. This is assuming you're a solid interviewer.

7. letsgomedical

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I am looking at NE more (place I auditioned at was NE) and not so much at West coast but im not gonna die if I end up somewhere else...how many interviews should applicants be feeling safe with?? Thanks for your input!

8. Dharma

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    If you're looking NE things get a bit more competitive (not necessarily better though) w a number of programs expecting USMLE scores as well. That said, there's a bunch that take COMLEX only. Just check out the websites of the programs you're interested in and see what they expect. Also be sure to hit up the sticky thread on the psych forums. There's a whole section on DO applicants.

9. letsgomedical

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I'm not even gonna apply to ivy league & competitive nyc institutions (quite a few of those but oh well I don't want to waste my money applying to places I don't have a chance) thanks for the input