COMLEX Score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

terryf2008

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I barely passed COMLEX I. If I do much better than just a pass on COMLEX II will that help in applying for competitive residency?
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I barely passed COMLEX I. If I do much better than just a pass on COMLEX II will that help in applying for competitive residency?
Thanks.

You can always take the usmle and not report your comlex score.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can always take the usmle and not report your comlex score.

Not sure if somebody who barely passed COMLEX will fare much better on USMLE.

i was under the impression that as long as you had a good usmle score allopathic programs didn't care about your comlex so long as you passed it. but that's just rumor mill crap.

COMLEX seems to mean very little to allopathic programs (my experience). I did substantially better on USMLE than COMLEX.

I would recommend studying HARD for USMLE and keeping your hat in the ring.

COMLEX seems to mean very little to allopathic programs (my experience). I did substantially better on USMLE than COMLEX.

I would recommend studying HARD for USMLE and keeping your hat in the ring.

That was my understanding too.

Not sure if somebody who barely passed COMLEX will fare much better on USMLE.

I know a few people who scored between 480-505 on the comlex and scored 240+ on the usmle. Just do a bunch of questions.

I know a few people who scored between 480-505 on the comlex and scored 240+ on the usmle. Just do a bunch of questions.

Yep and I heard that couple of guys didn't finish college and are billionaires now. Just re-invent the wheel.

skaters2.gif

Yep and I heard that couple of guys didn't finish college and are billionaires now. Just re-invent the wheel.

Well, I'm not lying, so if you did poorly (or well) on the comlex do not assume you will do the same on the usmle. They are not the same exam. I recommend just doing as many questions as you can. I read FA and did usmlerx, kaplan q bank, and usmle world and I scored in the 250's. I didn't do anything else.