Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

COMLEX Step 2 High-Yield Topics and Review Textbooks

Discussion in 'Step II' started by jleebo, Mar 11, 2007.

1. jleebo

jleebo New Member
    7+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    I am a third-year osteopathic medical student who is beginning to think about preparpation for COMLEX Step 2. I was hoping that previous osteopathic medical students could share their experience of which topics (ie. OB/GYN, IM, FP, Peds, etc.) where high-yield topics for COMLEX Step 2. Also, in regards to the high yield topics for COMLEX Step 2, I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for review textbooks that were must-reads (ie. Step-Up to Medicine, Blueprints OB/GYN, etc.) before the examination. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

2. Panacea Light

Medical Student
    Hey,
    I am a 4th year and would recommend First Aid for Step 2. I found many questions came from that and Boards and Wards. Make sure you know first aid inside and out and read Savarese and do the questions. The best approach to do well is to have a broad knowledge base and know the common diseases well! Good luck and hope this helps.

"Don't forget in the light, what you learned in the dark"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Harika93

Harika93 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    "read Savarese and do the questions"....what is savarese? I havent heard of this before....thanks

4. DrMom

DrMom Official Mom of SDN
    Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...