COMLEX STEP 2 will be on computer, but is it still 2 days and 800 qs? Faster results?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Informer

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
COMLEX STEP 2 will be on computer starting in july. i called to set up a reservation for the test, but the people over the phone had no idea about the test details

is it still 2 days and 800 qs? Faster results?

does anyone know the answer to these?
thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I spoke to NBOME this week--it will be a one day test (not sure how many ?s) like USMLE, but unlike USMLE it will only be given on selected dates--which have not yet been posted.

I was told by the NBOME that it would probably be around 400 ?s
There will be approx 40 test dates available, but they are not scheduled yet. I'm not sure that there will be any dates before August.
The results will take just as long to get back (just like they do with the USMLE).

DrMom said:
The results will take just as long to get back (just like they do with the USMLE).

The computer-based USMLE only takes 4-5 wks for results, compared to 8 wks for the paper-based COMLEX.

In any case, if the II-PE is any indication, it will probably take longer than 8 wks at first for computerized results to come back, since the NBOME will want to get a large sample of results before establishing the scoring scale.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, the basic point is that we won't be getting the scores back quickly. (some people have apparently thought that since it is computerized we can get the scores immediately) I also wouldn't be surprised if the first set of scores take longer to get back.