SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

COMLEX Step 2 ???

Discussion in 'Step I' started by PCSOM2002, Jul 31, 2001.

1. PCSOM2002

PCSOM2002 Junior Member

May 9, 2001
    Does anyone know what review materials are good for COMLEX Step 2? Also, how does this exam differ from Step 1 in regards to types of questions? Should I be reviewing basic pharmacology, pathology, etc., or is it basic clinical knowledge type questions? Thanks
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Billie

Billie An Oldie but a Goodie... 10+ Year Member

Nov 30, 1998
    Cleveland, OH
    I was told by the residents and interns at my hosp that Swanson's Family Practice Review is good. They used it to study for their Part III of boards. They said it is rather intense, but that if I could get thru it, I would be ready for part II.

I am thinking this one will be more clinical-based, as opposed to the pharm and anatomy on Part I.

Billie, MS-IV
  4. William Bohannon

William Bohannon Member 10+ Year Member

Jan 24, 2001
    Sylacauga, AL , US
    Once again, I am forced to agree with my wise and savvy collegue Billie. I would also recommend the blue "OMT Review" book by Robert G. Savarese. It's a pretty complete OMT review with a practice exam in the back.

5. PCSOM2002

PCSOM2002 Junior Member

May 9, 2001

How much different is the OMT on step 1 from step 2. Are the question similar?
    Will the normal "good" USMLE step 2 review books also suffice for the COMLEX step 2?