• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

PCSOM2002

15+ Year Member
May 10, 2001
Status (Visible)
Does anyone know what review materials are good for COMLEX Step 2? Also, how does this exam differ from Step 1 in regards to types of questions? Should I be reviewing basic pharmacology, pathology, etc., or is it basic clinical knowledge type questions? Thanks

Billie

An Oldie but a Goodie...
10+ Year Member
Dec 1, 1998
Cleveland, OH
zygomatica.blogspot.com
Status (Visible)
I was told by the residents and interns at my hosp that Swanson's Family Practice Review is good. They used it to study for their Part III of boards. They said it is rather intense, but that if I could get thru it, I would be ready for part II.

I am thinking this one will be more clinical-based, as opposed to the pharm and anatomy on Part I.

Billie, MS-IV
WVSOM

William Bohannon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 25, 2001
Sylacauga, AL , US
Status (Visible)
Once again, I am forced to agree with my wise and savvy collegue Billie. I would also recommend the blue "OMT Review" book by Robert G. Savarese. It's a pretty complete OMT review with a practice exam in the back.

Will

PCSOM2002

15+ Year Member
May 10, 2001
Status (Visible)
William,

How much different is the OMT on step 1 from step 2. Are the question similar?
Will the normal "good" USMLE step 2 review books also suffice for the COMLEX step 2?

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.