COMLEX Step II CE Score Issues

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinch457

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, this is my first post on SDN. I am interested in osteoptathic internal medicine residency programs in PA, NY, and NJ. I have solid grades from my 1st two years of medical school and mostly honors and high passes for my third year clerkship grades. I have well written LOR's from physicians that I have spent a good deal of time with. What has been causing me anxiety as of late is the disparity between my COMLEX Step 1 and 2 scores. I scored a 568 on Step I, which I was satisfied with, however I recently received a Step II CE score of 512. This is a substantial disparity, in my opinion. As a rule, most of my classmates' scores have increased between these two exams, yet mine have decreased. My main question is, what will osteopathic internal medicine residency programs think of this disparity? Is this a grave issue? Thank you for your help and your advice.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Almost every June 30th test taker I talked to did worse on their step 1 for some reason
Well, my score is certainly lower than my step 1 score and I was just wondering if anyone had any opinions on how this will affect my competitiveness for an internal medicine residency.

I don't have much input in regards to your residency chances, but I also took the COMLEX 2 CE on June 30th, and saw a drop from my Level 1. It would appear that other students are reporting similar things that took it on June 30th in particular.

if anyone else took the exam on the 30th and is reading this i encourage you to speak up.

thats 5 of us now that saw our score significantly dip lower than our expected grade. considering the sample size and the fact that the avg is 520 level 1 vs 540 for level 2, something definitely is fishy.

Reactions: 1 user