comment on these schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ztaw15

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am about to submit my amcas, but am trying to make 100% sure of my school choices first. Look at my mdapps if you want to see info.

East Tennessee State University
University of Tennessee
Vanderbilt
Wake Forest
University of North Carolina
Tulane
Case Western
University of Miami

Members don't see this ad.

I am about to submit my amcas, but am trying to make 100% sure of my school choices first. Look at my mdapps if you want to see info.

East Tennessee State University
University of Tennessee
Vanderbilt
Wake Forest
University of North Carolina
Tulane
Case Western
University of Miami

Your stats are really good but are you sure you dont want to try some "upper tier" medical schools? Also, I think UNC is heavily biased towards instate. Maybe you should add some schools like UMich, OSU (similar stats to case)...?

I like your choices, however. I think you've got a really great shot at all of them but UNC.

It looks good to me, but I'm wondering why you're applying to Case, since it seems by the majority of your school choices that you want to stay in the South?

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah, I do want to stay in the south. But I also couldn't think of a good eighth school, so I threw in case. That is probably not smart. I know UNC is a reach for OOS, but I really like the school. I guess I should consider a different 8th school...I am so indecisive. ARGHH!!!

yeah, I do want to stay in the south. But I also couldn't think of a good eighth school, so I threw in case. That is probably not smart. I know UNC is a reach for OOS, but I really like the school. I guess I should consider a different 8th school...I am so indecisive. ARGHH!!!

How about Emory?

Emory was originally on the list, but it seems like a lofty goal, especially when applying to only 8 schools, 10 max.

This thread is better suited for the "What are my chances?" subforum, where questions such as "what schools should I apply to?" are usually asked. I am moving it there now...

why Miami- Good school, have a chance at getting in, cool city (neat place to learn I bet), near my dad.