Achievement Unlocked: MD
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2007
Status
Resident [Any Field]
:eek:

Uh... anywhere.

Seriously, your stats are great, your ECs are awesome. Get yourself a copy of the MSAR and pick you schools you're competitive at (probably everywhere...) and ones you like based on location, cost, grading system, whatever.

csheng89

5+ Year Member
Aug 26, 2009
Nashville
Status
Medical Student
any that stand out to you in terms of like their med school curriculum and what they have to offer? I'm pursuing an MD but I see research as a definite component of my future career.

:eek:

Uh... anywhere.

Seriously, your stats are great, your ECs are awesome. Get yourself a copy of the MSAR and pick you schools you're competitive at (probably everywhere...) and ones you like based on location, cost, grading system, whatever.

Sep 4, 2006
Inside the tesseract
Only you know your geographic, city, curriculum, and cost preferences. Some schools won't accept international applications. An MSAR will help you delve further into the mission of each school, research availability, as well as the above factors. Your prehealth advising office should have one, or you can buy it through amazon.com or the AMCAS website.

Last edited:

bravofleet4

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2009
Status
Medical Student
you mean a good match based upon just your stats or your interests? with regards to your stats, they're pretty strong. Your EC's also seem to be in-line. You're a shoe-in to get in somewhere.

jpatel

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
Seriously did this guy have a life or what lol. Anyways congrats on nice application. u have a shot at anywhere i think.

csheng89

5+ Year Member
Aug 26, 2009
Nashville
Status
Medical Student
I would say a combination of both. I'm interested in schools that place an emphasis on both research and clinics. Also, location is quite important to me. I'm really only interested in private schools on the east coast.

only school on the west coast that interests me is Stanford but I don't feel like traveling that far just for one school. In the midwest, I'd like to apply to IU and OSU because I have friends who go there.

you mean a good match based upon just your stats or your interests? with regards to your stats, they're pretty strong. Your EC's also seem to be in-line. You're a shoe-in to get in somewhere.

naijaboi

MS0
Nov 20, 2009
Boston, MA
Status
Medical Student
Your stats are very competitive. Apply everywhere. Include several top 10 schools, and top 30 research schools and a safety schools. Do not limit yourself to east coast schools, some midwest and west coast schools are quite awesome - Washington University, UCSF, University of Chicago, University of Michigan to name a few.

getright

7+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
Are you a traditional applicant? Your ec's are unreal and your stats aren't that bad too :). Apply anywhere haha

rockaction

casemed'14
May 3, 2009
Status
Medical Student
hit every top school that remotely peaks your interest! in addition to east coast you can't go wrong applying to U Chicago, Northwestern, Vanderbilt, U of Pittsburgh, Cleveland Clinic/Case Western, UCSF, UCLA, U of Michigan, Duke...

csheng89

5+ Year Member
Aug 26, 2009
Nashville
Status
Medical Student
Are you a traditional applicant? Your ec's are unreal and your stats aren't that bad too :). Apply anywhere haha
Yeah as traditional as they come I guess... Junior, age 20, right on track to be a surgeon at age like 35 lol.

what do u mean by my ec's are "unreal?" I have what most applicants have: research, clinical experience/shadowing, and volunteering/leadership

hit every top school that remotely peaks your interest! in addition to east coast you can't go wrong applying to U Chicago, Northwestern, Vanderbilt, U of Pittsburgh, Cleveland Clinic/Case Western, UCSF, UCLA, U of Michigan, Duke...
I saw your MedApp stats... exact same MCAT with the same section score breakdowns lol. however, ur gpa is much higher than mine. What happened with wustl?

csheng89

5+ Year Member
Aug 26, 2009
Nashville
Status
Medical Student
what did you do as a volunter for circle k? lol
I started a weekly nursing home project and also started getting club members involved in collecting medical supplies at our med center to donate to international relief organizations.

I've worked with our local Boys & Girls Club and attended a lot of district projects and events i.e. DCON, Fall Fest, Ya'll Conference, Governor's Project, most of which have a single service project along with that.

Definitely considering joining Kiwanis once I graduate to continue my involvement.

bannie22

Hero
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2009
You are fine. Good luck.

I wish I had that one pub on my ass when I applied.

bannie22

Hero
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2009
Do you mean app, by chance? :laugh:

Haha... No, I actually did mean to type ass.

But yeah. I dont think it matters where that pub was IN anyway. Could have been further inside the A** and I would have done better. :laugh:

rockaction

casemed'14
May 3, 2009
Status
Medical Student
I saw your MedApp stats... exact same MCAT with the same section score breakdowns lol. however, ur gpa is much higher than mine. What happened with wustl?
lol I don't know. pretty sure they never got my LOR from my research PI. they don't use AMCAS' letter system. but my ECs were boring so that's probably why they gave me the axe