Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Committee Letter Question

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by bigchoader, May 11, 2007.

1. bigchoader

bigchoader Guest

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    With regards to institutional action, many people have been saying that if it wont show up on your transcript or your committee letter, then why not just STFU about it. My questions are, what are these committee letters? Are they required by every school? Help?

Furthermore, there has been talk about "going through your schools pre-med committee". Is this simply talking about the handling of letters of recommendation? What does it mean to "not go through your school's pre-med committee"? Did I miss some big important meeting with my schools pre-med committee?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. bigchoader

bigchoader Guest

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    please tell me these forums are still used for advice and Q&A on getting into med school, not just WASH U vs. Yale debates and what are my chances with a 4.0 and a 40 MCAT.

4. BigRedPremed

BigRedPremed Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    It's simple:

If your school has a premed committee, med schools would like you to use it. Some committees only handle your LOR's for you. Some committees actually write a letter for you. The committee letter can be accepted in lieu of any professor LOR's at most med schools.

If your school doesn't have a premed committee, then get the requisite 3 LOR's or whatever from your professors/supervisors and use a service like Interfolio to send your letters.